Welcome to the Husum Riverside Bed & Breakfast. We invite you to step away from your everyday hectic life and into a slower, more peaceful pace for the day. From the luxurious sheets and linens to the distinctive and relaxing decor, our five European inspired rooms will invite you to kick off your shoes and stay awhile. Then there’s our 5-star breakfast! Come as Guests ~ Leave as Family.
Join us August 3-5, 2018, at the 53nd Annual Trout Lake Fair! Fun for the whole family with events including Potluck Social and Contra Dance, Fireman’s Breakfast, Fun Runs, Parade, all sorts of Contests, Thread & Yarn Crafts, Baking, Veggies, Flowers and Children’s Art, star gazing, and a community concert to wrap things up Sunday afternoon. Visit the official TroutLakeFair.org website for the latest updates
- Exhibits, Baking Contest, Auction & Silent Auction
- Family Games, Pet Show, Bounce House, Great Food & Entertainment
- Zip Line, Timber Carnival, Bungee Run, Climbing Wall & Much More!
- Firewood, Gravel, & Quilt Raffles!
- Evening Stargazing
2018 Schedule of Events (subject to change):
5:30pm – 6:30pm – Community Potluck – Elk Meadows RV Park
6:30am – Fireman’s breakfast – Trout Lake School
7:00am – 5k/10k run & 1 mile fun run – Camp Jonah, Trout Lake, WA
11:00am – TROUT LAKE FAIR PARADE – downtown Trout Lake, WA
Noon – TROUT LAKE FAIR – Camp Jonah
1:00 PM – Community Concert at Presbyterian Church
Here is the Quilt for 2017
Ever wonder what last month’s weather was like or how it compared to averages? The National Weather Service issues summaries which might interest you. [Read more …]
The Trout Lake Valley is filled with lovely organic farming. We encourage you to watch “Grocery Store Wars” Video!
Produced by the
Organic Trade Association
(6 min) — A witty take on Star Wars with a great message
ORGANIC AGED RAW ARTISAN CHEESE
Cascadia Creamery is located in the foothills of Mt Adams in the town of Trout Lake, Washington.
Cascadia Creamery revives a long tradition of artisan cheese making in the Trout Lake Valley that began over 125 years ago. Here rich volcanic soils and temperate weather provide lush grazing meadows for our cows and an ideal location to craft our organic, aged, raw artisan cheeses.
Cascadia Creamery is a family run operation. John is head cheese maker and affineur, Marci (John’s better half) is sales manager, Dan (like family) is the assistant cheese maker, and John’s brother helps with the website. Let’s not forget John’s son (age 6) who loves handing out samples at tasting events and helping clean up, especially if it involves spraying Papa with the hose.
*Cascadia Creamery ® cheeses are USDA Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth
Our cheeses can be found in Trout Lake and beyond. Please visit our website CascadiaCreamery.com for purchasing information.
We offer 4 fantastic routes whose beauty (and challenges) bring riders back year-after-year:
See Note below for 2019 Forest Route change.
11.5 MILE FAMILY FUN RIDE (White Loop Map) The not too demanding Fun Ride loop circles the beautiful Trout Lake Valley with panoramic views of Mt. Adams and Mt. Hood. All but 1 mile of this route is on country Roads with minimal traffic. Post-ride meal and T-shirt not included.
Check-In/Registration Time: 9:00am to 11:00am
51 MILE Trout Lake-BZ Corner-Glenwood LOOP (Red Loop Map) This loop, formerly known as the “Valley Loop,” takes you south to BZ Corner where you make a left turn and climb for 6.5 miles through spectacular rural and farmland scenery. You pass by Conboy Lake Wildlife Refuge with many glimpses of Mt. Adams and may see elk, deer and birds indigenous to the area. The route then circles back through pine forest and back into the Trout Lake Valley. 51 miles and total 2,700′ elevation gain. Post-ride meal and T-shirt included.
Check-In/Registration Time: 8:00am to 10:00am
54 MILE FOREST ROUTE (Green Loop Map) From Trout Lake climb 14.5 miles, (2,000′ gain), including a short 10% incline and then a long ride down with waterfalls, creeks, eagles and all the majesty this special country provides. From there 10 mile climb up to Big Tire Junction and then on to a downhill you will never forget, back to Trout Lake, (3,800′ gain). Post-ride meal and T-shirt included.
** NOTE for 2019: We recommend most cyclist ride the Forest Route as two out-and-back sections totaling 58 miles, as the prior winter road damage will not be repaired until after June 2019. This split route offers more options for shorter or longer distances. Adventurous riders who are physically able to safely walk their bikes past two large washouts along narrow paths may wish to ride as a partially supported loop.
Check-In/Registration Time: 8:00am to 10:00am
105 MILE INFINITY RIDE (Green & Red Loop Maps) Begin with the BZ-Glenwood Loop. Then stop at Heavenly Grounds on the east side of the gas station for lunch before continuing on the Forest Route to complete your 100 – 105 mile ride. Total 6,500′ – 7,000′ elevation gain. This ride is fully supported with sagwagons, emergency teams, radio coverage, snacks/rest stops, and dinner. Post-ride meal and T-shirt included. A box lunch is available to purchase separately for $10.
Check-In/Registration Time: 7:00am to 10:00am
Online pre-registration prices are lower than Day-of-Tour prices for the loop rides. We strongly encourage online pre-registration. Only Visa/Mastercard, cash or check payment accepted day-of-tour. (Discover and American Express are only available online).
Step One: Choose Your Event, Meal and T-Shirt options and hit “Order Now”
Step Two: Enter Registration Information (next screen)
Step Three: Review Order and Enter Payment Information (final screen)
If you’d like to pre-register yet pay by check or at the door, please choose the “Show other payment options” link below the Order Now button and choose “Pay Offline.” The Order Now button is for credit card payments only. Only one form of payment per registration is available through the online registration software. For example, you can not elect to pay half with a credit card and half with a check. If this is your desire, please submit a separate registration for each form of payment desired.
Note: Online discounted pricing is available through Noon on Friday, June 28, 2019.
(Day of event pricing is $10 more for each route, except the Family Fun Ride which is always $10 per participant.)
Cascade Acupuncture * White Salmon Family Practice * H2Oregon
Gorge Delights Just Fruit Bars * Rosauers Markets
- Cascade Acupuncture – Cascade Acupuncture Center’s team of Licensed Acupuncturists, Licensed Massage Therapists and office staff helps you: Get Healthier – Naturally. They offer Acupuncture, Allergy Elimination, Custom Chinese Herbs and Massage in Hood River, The Dalles and Stevenson – open 6 days per week in the Gorge, Saturdays in Hood River. They take insurances and also offer a Sliding Fee Scale based on income. Did you know they can help you heal from injuries faster their goal is to reduce your pain during your first treatment? Did you know their Allergy Elimination can help with seasonal allergies and reduce the intensity of a Poison Oak allergy?
- White Salmon Family Practice Clinic – When you’re looking for a medical care professional, it’s important to find somebody you trust. At White Salmon Family Practice Clinic, we set the health care needs of you and your family as our highest priority. Debra Short, MSN, FNP-C has more than 30 years of experience in Cardiac and Critical Care Nursing, and is a trusted and professional nurse practitioner in White Salmon, providing attentive, professional medical care to individuals and families in the Columbia Gorge area.
- H2Oregon – H2Oregon Premium Water Company produces delicious, premium bottled water products, delivered to your door by the friendliest people on earth, at a price that everyone can afford, with Quality and Service that our competitors can’t compete with. H2Oregon Premium water just may be the purest water on earth, backed by our 100% Quality Assurance Guarantee!
- Gorge Delights JustFruit Bars – JustFruit bars are simple, healthy and delicious snacks, made in the Columbia River Gorge by third generation fruit farmers who are committed to supporting family farming throughout our beautiful region. Made using only Pacific Northwest grown fruit and packed with potassium and pure fruit energy, JustFruit bars will keep you fueled up on epic rides, long hikes and all your other adventures.
- Rosauers Supermarkets – features online grocery ordering, free recipes, greeting cards, and nutrition information, and.provides the highest quality products, largest selection, cleanest stores and friendliest, professional service. Serving the Columbia River Gorge area from a modern and efficient market in Hood River, OR.