Sat., June 27, 2020
** Note Forest Route change below.
The southern slopes of Mt. Adams in June are a bicyclist’s paradise with good roads, exceptional weather, cool temps, easy to challenging rides and unequaled vistas against the glorious snow clad backdrop of magnificent Mt Adams. The Mt. Adams Country Bicycle Tour is the perfect way to enjoy and explore this spectacular sun-drenched area and awesome views with your fellow riders in the fresh mountain air—and raise needed funds for non-profit community projects.
The 18th Annual Mt. Adams Country Bicycle Tour (MACBT) will be another glorious opportunity to ride the beautiful Mt Adams Country with well marked routes, rest stops, safe sag support, and of course wonderful weather. You can choose from the 11.5 mile Family Fun Ride (Trout Lake Valley), the 50.5 Mile Loop through Trout Lake, BZ Corner, Glenwood, and back, four options for Forest Routes (up and down the flanks of Mt Adams) and the combined Century +/- Ride (50.5 + 43 or 63 ** revised mile loops). Each well-marked ride takes you on quiet country roads through some of the most beautiful countryside around
** Because of major damage in 2016 on USDA forest roads 23, 90 & 88, a completely paved Forest Loop ride is not possible. Riders who prefer a loop and don’t mind grinding gravel can ride a grueling 43 mile loop. Riders who prefer riding on pavement only can ride either or both paved legs of the forest route as out-and-backs.
The rides are fully safety-supported with sag wagons, emergency teams, radio coverage, snacks/rest stops, optional box lunch and post-ride meals. And we’ve lowered the price on the Family Fun Ride so more families can afford to participate, and added more options for meals and T-shirts.
Our routes are available on RideWithGPS.com:
- 11.5 mile Family Fun Route loop
- 50.5 mile Valley Route
- 63 Mile Paved Out-and-Back Forest Routes A (28.5 miles) & B (35 miles)
- 43 Mile Partial Gravel Forest Loop
Help us spread the word!!! Please Download and Distribute these PDFs:
- 2019 Mt Adams Country Bike Tour Poster (PDF) – 8.5 x 11, updated each February — then add some creative magic marker color and exhibit your masterpiece to help spread the word!
- 2019 MACBT Brochure (PDF)
- the major fund raising event organized by the non-profit Trout Lake Area Business Association to help support community charity and service groups. Since 2003, we have raised $3000 to $7000 annually to help school programs, area fire departments, the local grange, etc. With your help we hope to do even better this year! For more information please contact us.
Refund information: Full refunds less a $10 processing fee are available up to 10 days prior to the ride. No refunds after that date, which is Wednesday 6/17/2020. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.