Mt. Adams Country Bike Tour participants
Sat., June 30, 2018 – Registration Open Now!
** Note Forest Route change below.
The southern slopes of Mt. Adams in June are a bicyclist’s paradise with good roads, exceptional weather, cool temps, easy to challenging rides and unequaled vistas against the glorious snow clad backdrop of magnificent Mt Adams. The Mt. Adams Country Bicycle Tour is the perfect way to enjoy and explore this spectacular sun-drenched area and awesome views with your fellow riders in the fresh mountain air—and raise needed funds for non-profit community projects.
The 16th Annual Mt. Adams Country Bicycle Tour (MACBT) will be another glorious opportunity to ride the beautiful Mt Adams Country with well marked routes, rest stops, safe sag support, and of course wonderful weather. You can choose from the 11.5 mile Family Fun Ride (Trout Lake Valley), the 51 Mile Loop through Trout Lake, BZ Corner, Glenwood, and back, the 54 Mile Forest Loop (up and down the flanks of Mt Adams) and the combined 105 Mile Infinity Ride (51 + 57 ** revised mile loops). Each well-marked ride takes you on quiet country roads through some of the most beautiful countryside around
** Because of major damage in 2016 on USFA forest roads 23 & 88, the Forest Route is not a loop and (good news) the gravel sections at the north end are eliminated. This gives participants more distance options. See revised map above.
The rides are fully safety-supported with sag wagons, emergency teams, radio coverage, snacks/rest stops, optional box lunch and post-ride meals. And we’ve lowered the price on the Family Fun Ride so more families can afford to participate, and added more options for meals and T-shirts.
Help us spread the word!!! Please Download and Distribute these PDFs:
Other Nearby Bike Rides (PDF)
We offer 4 fantastic routes whose beauty (and challenges) bring riders back year-after-year:
See Note below for 2018 Forest Loop route change.
11.5 MILE FAMILY FUN RIDE (White Loop Map) The not too demanding Fun Ride loop circles the beautiful Trout Lake Valley with panoramic views of Mt. Adams and Mt. Hood. All but 1 mile of this route is on country Roads with minimal traffic. Post-ride meal and T-shirt not included.
Check-In/Registration Time: 9:00am to 11:00am
51 MILE Trout Lake-BZ Corner-Glenwood LOOP (Red Loop Map) This loop, formerly known as the “Valley Loop,” takes you south to BZ Corner where you make a left turn and climb for 6.5 miles through spectacular rural and farmland scenery. You pass by Conboy Lake Wildlife Refuge with many glimpses of Mt. Adams and may see elk, deer and birds indigenous to the area. The route then circles back through pine forest and back into the Trout Lake Valley. 51 miles and total 2,700′ elevation gain. Post-ride meal and T-shirt included.
Check-In/Registration Time: 8:00am to 10:00am
Forest Route Options
54 MILE FOREST LOOP (Green Loop Map) From Trout Lake climb 14.5 miles, (2,000′ gain), including a short 10% incline and then a long ride down with waterfalls, creeks, eagles and all the majesty this special country provides. From there 10 mile climb up to Big Tire Junction and then on to a downhill you will never forget, back to Trout Lake, (3,800′ gain). Post-ride meal and T-shirt included.
** NOTE for 2018: the Forest Loop will again be offered as two out-and-back sections totaling 58 miles, as the prior winter road damage will not be repaired until after June 2018. This split route offers more options. See map above or click image at right.
Check-In/Registration Time: 8:00am to 10:00am
105 MILE INFINITY RIDE (Green & Red Loop Maps) Begin with the Green Loop. Then stop at Heavenly Grounds on the east side of the gas station for lunch before continuing on the Red Loop to complete your 105 mile ride. Total 6,500′ elevation gain. This ride is fully supported with sagwagons, emergency teams, radio coverage, snacks/rest stops, and dinner. Post-ride meal and T-shirt included. A box lunch is available to purchase separately for $10.
Check-In/Registration Time: 7:00am to 10:00am
Online pre-registration prices are lower than Day-of-Tour prices for the loop rides. We strongly encourage online pre-registration. Only Visa/Mastercard, cash or check payment accepted day-of-tour. (Discover and American Express are only available online).
Step One: Choose Your Event, Meal and T-Shirt options and hit “Order Now”
Step Two: Enter Registration Information (next screen)
Step Three: Review Order and Enter Payment Information (final screen)
If you’d like to pre-register yet pay by check or at the door, please choose the “Show other payment options” link below the Order Now button and choose “Pay Offline.” The Order Now button is for credit card payments only. Only one form of payment per registration is available through the online registration software. For example, you can not elect to pay half with a credit card and half with a check. If this is your desire, please submit a separate registration for each form of payment desired.
Note: Online discounted pricing is available through Noon on Friday, June 29, 2018.
(Day of event pricing is $10 more for each route, except the Family Fun Ride which is always $10 per participant.)
Cascade Acupuncture * White Salmon Family Practice * H2Oregon
Gorge Delights Just Fruit Bars * Rosauers Markets
- Cascade Acupuncture – Cascade Acupuncture Center’s team of Licensed Acupuncturists, Licensed Massage Therapists and office staff helps you: Get Healthier – Naturally. They offer Acupuncture, Allergy Elimination, Custom Chinese Herbs and Massage in Hood River, The Dalles and Stevenson – open 6 days per week in the Gorge, Saturdays in Hood River. They take insurances and also offer a Sliding Fee Scale based on income. Did you know they can help you heal from injuries faster their goal is to reduce your pain during your first treatment? Did you know their Allergy Elimination can help with seasonal allergies and reduce the intensity of a Poison Oak allergy?
- White Salmon Family Practice Clinic – When you’re looking for a medical care professional, it’s important to find somebody you trust. At White Salmon Family Practice Clinic, we set the health care needs of you and your family as our highest priority. Debra Short, MSN, FNP-C has more than 30 years of experience in Cardiac and Critical Care Nursing, and is a trusted and professional nurse practitioner in White Salmon, providing attentive, professional medical care to individuals and families in the Columbia Gorge area.
- H2Oregon – H2Oregon Premium Water Company produces delicious, premium bottled water products, delivered to your door by the friendliest people on earth, at a price that everyone can afford, with Quality and Service that our competitors can’t compete with. H2Oregon Premium water just may be the purest water on earth, backed by our 100% Quality Assurance Guarantee!
- Gorge Delights JustFruit Bars – JustFruit bars are simple, healthy and delicious snacks, made in the Columbia River Gorge by third generation fruit farmers who are committed to supporting family farming throughout our beautiful region. Made using only Pacific Northwest grown fruit and packed with potassium and pure fruit energy, JustFruit bars will keep you fueled up on epic rides, long hikes and all your other adventures.
- Rosauers Supermarkets – features online grocery ordering, free recipes, greeting cards, and nutrition information, and.provides the highest quality products, largest selection, cleanest stores and friendliest, professional service. Serving the Columbia River Gorge area from a modern and efficient market in Hood River, OR.