With camps ranging from tracking, nature art, and farm camp to outdoor explorers and MacGyver camp, we are sure there is something for every kid to have a great summer with us. Check out all the programs on the Cascade Mountain School website.
Here’s a sampling of middle and high school camps:
- Middle School Mountain Camp: Explore Mt. Adams and the surrounding valley by foot, paddle, and pedal. Raft, bike, hike, and cave while meeting and serving the community and learning to travel safely in the outdoors.
- Girls Rock Science Camp: This 7-day, 6-night camp will be an amazing experience for gaining wilderness & leadership skills along with science education in the Cascade Mountains. Professionals from the field will join along to share their scientific expertise in the field.
- MacGyver Camp: We will spend the week learning how to build things out of scraps, found objects, broken tools, etc. Students will spend the week on a group challenge that will require planning, engineering, building, and tinkering.
- Farm to Table Bike Camp: This camp will allow for us to learn about the diverse spectrum of agriculture-visiting organic dairies, artisan cheese-making, beekeeping, vegetable & herb farming, as well as pastured livestock for wool and meat production.
- Mt. Adams Mountain to Valley: This 15-day residential experience involves backpacking on Mt. Adams, hands-on science with professionals, service projects with Yakama Nation Fisheries, farming with organic growers, whitewater rafting, and tons of fun and friendship.
If you’re not sure what our programs are about, please watch our two short videos made by Sarah Fox:
Register now via our on-line process to save your spot.
Teachers, please email us at email@example.com if you would like posters and handouts for your classrooms. We’re happy to deliver or mail them to you. Also, please let us know if there is a way to let more students at your school know about our programs (list-serves, summer program fairs, classroom presentations, etc.).
Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you this summer!
Cascade Mountain School | 1511 B Street Hood River, OR 97031