We’re back at it for another great season this summer in the Columbia River Gorge. We’ve got outdoor science programs for students ages 12-18. Some of these are for credit, some are just for fun, and all of them are worth checking out!
Here’s our 2014 list of programs and dates. More detailed information can be found on our website.
- Sustainable Agriculture Course: June 21-July 3. A course focused on local and global food systems while farming, cooking, and biking in Trout Lake, WA. Ages 15-18. (High school credit and service credit available. Please get pre-approval for course credit through your sending high school.)
- Mt. Hood Watershed Science Camp: July 20-25. A week of science, backpacking, biking, and rafting through the Hood River watershed. Ages 14-18.
- Farm to Table Bike Camp Session 1: July 27-August 1. A week of farming, biking, cooking, and discussions about food in Trout Lake, WA. Ages 14-18.
- Farm to Table Bike Camp Session 2: August 3-8. A week of farming, biking, cooking, and discussions about food in Trout Lake, WA. Ages 12-14.
- Field Ecology Course: August 3-16. A field science course near Mt. Adams, WA focused on climate change and science inquiry. Ages 15-18. (High school credit and service credit available. Please get pre-approval for course credit through your sending high school.)
If you’re not sure what our programs are about, please watch our two short videos made by Sarah Fox:
Register now via our on-line process to save your spot.
Teachers, please email if you would like posters and handouts for your classrooms. We’re happy to deliver or mail them to you. Also, please let us know if there is a way to let more students at your school know about our programs (list-serves, summer program fairs, classroom presentations, etc.).
Please share this email with other parents, teachers, counselors, and students.
Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you this summer!
©2014 Cascade Mountain School | 1511 B Street Hood River, OR 97031