|June 21, 2014|
|9:00 am||to||12:00 pm|
Posts tagged: Events
We’re back at it for another great season this summer in the Columbia River Gorge. We’ve got outdoor science programs for students ages 12-18. Some of these are for credit, some are just for fun, and all of them are worth checking out!
Here’s our 2014 list of programs and dates. More detailed information can be found on our website.
- Sustainable Agriculture Course: June 21-July 3. A course focused on local and global food systems while farming, cooking, and biking in Trout Lake, WA. Ages 15-18. (High school credit and service credit available. Please get pre-approval for course credit through your sending high school.)
- Mt. Hood Watershed Science Camp: July 20-25. A week of science, backpacking, biking, and rafting through the Hood River watershed. Ages 14-18.
- Farm to Table Bike Camp Session 1: July 27-August 1. A week of farming, biking, cooking, and discussions about food in Trout Lake, WA. Ages 14-18.
- Farm to Table Bike Camp Session 2: August 3-8. A week of farming, biking, cooking, and discussions about food in Trout Lake, WA. Ages 12-14.
- Field Ecology Course: August 3-16. A field science course near Mt. Adams, WA focused on climate change and science inquiry. Ages 15-18. (High school credit and service credit available. Please get pre-approval for course credit through your sending high school.)
If you’re not sure what our programs are about, please watch our two short videos made by Sarah Fox:
Register now via our on-line process to save your spot.
Teachers, please email if you would like posters and handouts for your classrooms. We’re happy to deliver or mail them to you. Also, please let us know if there is a way to let more students at your school know about our programs (list-serves, summer program fairs, classroom presentations, etc.).
Please share this email with other parents, teachers, counselors, and students.
Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you this summer!
©2014 Cascade Mountain School | 1511 B Street Hood River, OR 97031
|April 11, 2014 9:00 am||to||April 13, 2014 4:00 pm|
We are very excited to have 40 artists on the 2014 tour. Each participating town has a rich selection of art and artists to share. The Columbia River Gorge is indeed becoming the place to experience art and natural beauty. An hour’s driving distance from Portland, this event is the perfect outing for a spring weekend. Coupled with a month long Wine Event, it can’t get better than this!
Featured Trout Lake area artists include Ardis DeFreece, Deborah Nelson, Sarah Burr Arnold, and Joanna Kaufman
More information at: GorgeArtists.org
Trout Lake Grange
Mt. Adams Institute
Cascade Wellness Clinic
Mt. Adams Ranger District
Trout Lake Area Business Association
Friday, January 31 – Sunday, February 2, 2014Join us for another great weekend of Winter events! Activites include skiing, crafting, eating and our annual Snow Ball Costume party!
For more information, please call: 509-395-2617
Here’s some photos from past events (majority Courtesy of Tom Wooding):
July 12 & 13, 2014
Mark your calendar on July 12 & 13 for the Trout Lake Arts Festival. Set at the base of Mt. Adams on a historic farmstead, the Festival hosts fifty-five juried artists. Their fine art and craft will be shown in the barn and garden. Live music plays all weekend in the shady backyard and regional food and drink abound. For more information visit the website: www.TroutLakeFestivalofTheArts.com.Location: The 2014 Trout Lake Festival of the Arts will be at Farmgate Organics, a 55 acre farm on the White Salmon River just north of the previous location we last used in 2012. Check out their website at www.FarmgateHomestead.com Features:
- Weekend of fine art and live music
- Juried show of 55 artists displaying fine art and craft in the shadow of Mt. Adams
- Live music all weekend
- Children’s hands-on art
- Regional wines, brews and outstanding food
- Free parking/no admission fee.
www.TroutLakeFestivalOfTheArts.com or 503-703-6633
Sponsor: Trout Lake Arts Council
Hosts: Farmgate Organics
For more information, please contact:
Judy Holman, Publicity
Trout Lake Arts Council
|July 19, 2014|
|5:00 am||to||4:00 pm|
Gifford Pinchot National Forest
Trout Lake, Washington
Join us for the 3nd annual Wild Woman Trail Marathon and Relay. This year we’re adding a 50K option for ladies who think 26.2 miles is not quite enough! It is a trail run created by and for women. We invite you and your girlfriends to join us for an endorphin filled weekend. Come for the ultra, the marathon, or the relay! Stay for the weekend if you’d like at our Mt. Adams base camp. Bring your tent (or RV) and your friends.
Events start on Friday evening.
|August 1, 2014 5:00 pm||to||August 3, 2014 2:00 pm|
Come join us for the 49th Annual Trout Lake Fair!
Fun for the whole family with events including Potluck Social and Contra Dance, Fireman’s Breakfast, Fun Runs, Parade, all sorts of Contests: Thread & Yarn Crafts, Baking, Veggies, Flowers and Children’s Art, Star gazing and a community church service to wrap things up Sunday morning.
Events happening August 1 through August 3.
Please visit the official website for the latest updates: TroutLakeFair.org
|August 29, 2014 9:00 am||to||September 1, 2014 5:00 pm|
Join with us August 29 – September 1, 2014 across from the Trout Lake Grocery to browse through our residents’ local ‘treasures’ and possibly clear out some items of your own!