Stop by Trout Lake, Washington for everything you need to enjoy your Pacific Crest Trail experience.
Trout Lake, Washington 98650, is a town of about 600 friendly people located 13 miles south of the PCT trail junction with FS Rd. 23 southwest of Mt. Adams. www.TroutLakeWashington.com. From the north, this junction is 2.8 trail miles after leaving Mt. Adams Wilderness area. From the south this junction is 79.2 trail miles north of Cascade Locks/Bridge of the Gods. FS Rd. 23 is paved with light traffic but a hitch-ride should come by quite often. This road becomes Mt. Adams Road as you approach the town of Trout Lake and junctions with Hwy 141 in the center of town. Hikers tell us
"This is a great little town! Everything we need to refresh can be found here!"
Here’s what we offer:
- Transportation back to the trail can be arranged by calling PCTA member Doug Anderson, and others, who will even bring you down to town if you pre-arrange a pick-up time at the trailhead at Rd. 23. email@example.com. 509-395-3611.
- Trout Lake Grocery, 2383 Hwy 141. They specialize in the needs of outdoor activity folks. Sleeping rooms available. UPS and mail drop and receive services. Washer/Dryer. Internet access. Food/supply exchange box. A Register to sign. Good source of information about Trout Lake. 509-395-2777.
- Andy’s Valley Chevron Station at the junction of Mt. Adams Rd. and Hwy 141, a good first stop coming in to town. Andy and crew will be very helpful in letting you know where the services are in Trout Lake, and in helping you get a ride back up to the Trailhead. 509-395-2211.
- Gifford Pinchot National Forest Mt. Adams District Ranger Station is 1/2 mile west of the Post Office. Maps, Trail Information, list of overnight accommodations in the valley. Rest Rooms, water. 2455 Hwy. 141. Open 8:00-4:30, generally 6 days a week from Memorial Day to Labor Day; also Sundays in the heart of the summer season. 509-395-3400.
- U.S. Post Office, 2393 Hwy 141, Trout Lake, WA 98650. Open 8:15-12:30; 1:00 – 4:15 M-F. Also has a Register to sign. Mark your drop box "OK for store to pick up" and you can get your box at the Grocery Store, esp. on weekends. 509-395-2108.
Food Services and Restaurants:
- The Station Cafe with hot meals and cool huckleberry shakes is at the Chevron Station. 509-395-2211.
- Heavenly Grounds Espresso, also at the station, for a caffeine kick, a huckleberry smoothie, or backyard Bar-B-Q and a place to hang or to dry out. 509-395-2211.
- Trout Lake Valley Inn 1/2 mile south of town at 2300 Hwy 141. New units. Competitive rates include breakfast. Coin-op laundry. Hot tub! In-room phones. A ride back up to the trail may also be available if not too busy. www.troutlakevalleyinn.com 509-395-2300.
- Trout Lake Grocery has 3 rooms available in the back of the store. E-mail connection. Economy Hiker rates. 509-395-2777.
- Kelly’s Trout Creek Inn B & B let historic Trout Creek sing you to sleep in a beautifully decorated room of Irish woodsy decor. Breakfast included of course. Discounts for hikers. Possible ride back up to the trail. 25 Mt. Adams Road. www.kellysbnb.com. 509-395-2769.
- Trout Lake Abbey small organic farm of fruits and vegetables; some B ‘n B, some camping lodging. Find our Trail Magic cans at the west side of the FS Rd 23 Trailhead. Possible ride back up to the Trail. Small Buddhist and Druid Temple on site. www.tlabbey.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- Historic Trout Lake Country Inn, 15 Guler Road, www.troutlakecountryinn.net, A few rooms. Enjoy delicious home-made food, cold beer and live music surrounded by views of Mt. Adams. 509-395-3667.
- County Park 1 block behind the Post Office has camping and coin-op showers.
- Elk Meadows RV Camp 1 mile west of Ranger Station via Trout Lake Trail. www.elkmeadowsrvpark.com. Facilities are for RV campers only but the beautiful picnic ground with a view of Mt. Adams is worth the stop. 509-395-2400.
- Trout Lake Presbyterian. One block north of Post Office. Celebrated their Centennial Year in 2005! Sunday service 11:15 a.m.Always open.
- Mt. Adams Baptist. At junction of Mt. Adams Rd. and Hwy 141. Sunday Praise service 10:30 a.m. Always open.
- Mt. Adams Zen Buddhist Temple Services: M-F 6:30 a.m., Sat. 9:30 a.m. www.mtadamszen.org. 509-395-2030.
- Saturday Market at the Grange Hall across from the Post Office every Saturday from July 4 to Labor Day. Local arts, quilting, crafts, and food.
- Trout Lake Festival of the Arts third Saturday and Sunday in July (July 14 & 15, 2012)
focusing on the visual and performing arts of the Columbia Gorge area. About 55 artists and 11 hours of live music at the site of the former The Farm a Bed & Breakfast 490 Sunnyside Road. www.thefarmbnb.com. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days. Free admission. Food service on site. 509-395-2488.
- Trout Lake Fair first weekend in August.
- Town Rummage Sale for scholarships for our kids! Labor Day weekend. Across from the Trout Lake Grocery.